A former longtime Alaskan, Michael DeYoung has photographed extensively for the Alaska tourism industry and spent months on adventures of his own - including long distance river and backpacking trips throughout Alaska and the Yukon. He is now based in Taos, New Mexico and continues to specialize in adventure lifestyle, fitness, landscape and travel-tourism photography for advertising, corporate and editorial clients.
His images are widely published in visitor guides, corporate websites, catalogs, annual reports, magazines, brochures, calendars, cards, and many other places.
An accomplished workshop instructor, Michael DeYoung passionately teaches and shares his knowledge of landscape and lifestyle photography. He has taught workshops independently in Alaska for over a decade and is an independent Pro Studies workshop instructor for Rocky Mountain School of Photography located in Missoula, MT.
Michael and Lauri (his wife, business partner and assistant) divide their time between Alaska and northern New Mexico. The DeYoungs often weave photography with their other interests that include backpacking, whitewater paddling, skiing, snowshoeing, wilderness travel and wildlife viewing.
Building Confidence. Inspiring Creativity. Making Breakthroughs.
Recent Press/Awards include:
- Runner up in Photo District News’ 2013 Great Outdoors Photo Contest in the Outdoor Sports & Activities category
- Featured in the Jan/Feb 2013 issue of Outdoor Photographer Magazine on Alaska's "Chugach Adventure"
- Featured as one of American Society of Media Photographers "Best of 2012" for a South Carolina ad campaign
- Named "Master of Outdoor Lifestyle" by Digital Photo Pro Magazine (December 2009)
- First place winner of Photo District News’ 2011 Great Outdoors Photo Contest in the Parks & Safaris category
Private Photography Mentoring and Photo Workshops in Alaska, New Mexico, and Utah